Aspen Canyon Ranch Sour Cream Peach Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups peaches, fresh or canned, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Combine brown sugar and oil and egg in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, mix sour cream, salt, vanilla extract and baking soda.
Add this to the mixing bowl and slowly blend in flour. Do not over-mix.
- Fold in peaches and nuts.
- Pour into muffin cups and sprinkle with sugar and/or cinnamon. Put a bit
of butter on top of each. Sprinkle nuts on top for more nuttier flavor.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Source: Aspen Canyon Ranch, 13206 Country Road, 3 Star Route, Parshall, Colorado
Yield: 15-20 muffins