At Cumberland Falls Bed and
Breakfast Inn Streusel Gingerbread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Gingerbread: Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease the bottom of a 13
x 9-inch baking pan, preferably glass.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending after each one.
- Add corn syrup and vanilla extract.
- Put spices and salt in a separate bowl with the flour, stirring well.
- In a small bowl, stir baking soda into the lukewarm water. Alternate adding
the lukewarm water/soda mixture and the flour mixture to the corn syrup mixture.
Add the boiling water last.
- Turn batter into the oblong baking pan and bake at 325 degrees F for 30
to 40 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare Streusel Topping.
- Streusel Topping: Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, 1/4 cup flour
and pecans with the 1/4 cup softened butter. When crumbly, sprinkle over top
of gingerbread 20 minutes into the total baking time. Check for doneness with
a wooden pick.
Recipe used with permission of At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn, Asheville,
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes