Augusta Grill Black Pepper and Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons fresh unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fine Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sift together the first 5 ingredients.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients, then add the Cheddar cheese, black pepper
- Mix together and then roll out. Cut into biscuits and bake in a 325 degree
F oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve 2 per person with a thin slice of Smithfield Ham and the honey-sweetened
mustard of your choice.
Yield: 16 servings
Source: Recipe by John Malik, Executive Chef - Augusta Grill, Greenville, South