Augusta Grill Corn Pudding
- 2 cups fresh shucked corn, about 4 ears
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- Pinch of fresh chopped parsley
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Fresh butter
- Shave the corn off of the ears with a serrated knife; then using the back
of the knife shave the cobs again to remove the corn juice. Combine this with
the salt, pepper, scallions, cream and cayenne then place in an appropriately
sized buttered baking dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for approximately 45 minutes.
- Serve bubbling hot.
Source: John Malik, Executive Chef, Augusta Grill, Greenville, South Carolina