Aunt Chilada's Green Corn Tamales
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 5 pounds masa
- 2 (27 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 3/4 gallon lard
- 12 ounce water
- 12 tablespoons salt
- Corn husks
- Cheese for topping
- 5 pounds long green chiles
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- Tamales: In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except corn husks
and cheese until well incorporated.
- Filling: Roast and peel chiles. Roast tomatoes on a skillet; let cool
then peel off skin.
- In a large skillet, add chiles, onion, tomatoes, salt, pepper and garlic.
Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, hand-crush your cooled chile mixture.
- Select a large corn husk, spread 3 to 4 tablespoons of the masa mixture
across top of husk.
- Place chile mixture over masa and top with pinch of cheese. Fold over and
pull up bottom.
- Steam in wax paper for 45 minutes.
Source: Chef Jessie Gonzales, Aunt Chilada's - Phoenix, Arizona
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes