Aureole Restaurant Pan-Roasted Halibut with Cioppino
Broth, Shellfish and Seasonal Vegetables
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (5 to 6 ounce) halibut filet
- 1 baby fennel
- 4 to 6 stalks broccolini
- Cracked black pepper
- 3 clams
- 3 mussels
- 2 medium-size shrimp
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup tomato broth hot chile pepper (variety and amount to taste)
- 1 cup of fresh greens and herbs of your choice (microgreens, chives, parsley, tarragon recommended)
- Dash extra virgin olive oil
- Wipe halibut with a damp cloth, add salt and pepper and sear in a hot pan,
bone-side down until it changes color.
- Place in preheated 400 degrees F oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until it flakes
with a fork.
- While the fish is baking, sauté a baby fennel sliced lengthwise with broccolini.
- In a small sauce pot, add one heaping spoonful of butter.
- Add shellfish, tomato broth and hot pepper and simmer until they open.
- Add shrimp during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking.
- For the finished dish, place the broccolini down first, followed by the
- Add the shellfish around the side of the entree, then pour broth on top.
- Top with fennel, then toss a small salad of greens and olive oil and place
on top to finish the dish.
Yield: 1 serving
Source: Robert Kirchhoff, Executive Chef, Aureole Restaurant, Las Vegas, Nevada
- from California Country Program #1950 (July 2002)
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes