Aurora Restaurant Strawberry Champagne Sorbetto
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, capped and washed
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 ounces dry champagne
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Process strawberries and sugar in a food processor or blender. Puree well
and be sure all large lumps are out.
- Add corn syrup and lemon juice and process 30 seconds more to blend.
- Transfer to a container and stir in champagne and vanilla extract.
- Chill overnight, then churn in an ice cream freezer.
- Serve with shortbread or tea cookies.
Yield: 5 to 6 servings
Source: John Rupp, chef at Aurora Restaurant in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes