Avenue Bistro Austrian Apple Pancake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 tablespoons sweet butter
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, seeded, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 4 ounces all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces whole milk
- Powdered sugar, to taste
- 2 ounces maple syrup, warm, Northeastern grade B quality
- Melt two tablespoons of the butter and set aside.
- Combine eggs, sugar, salt, flour, milk and melted butter in a bowl. Mix
well until smooth and pass through a sieve.
- Heat the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a 10-inch sauté pan. When
the butter starts to brown lightly add apple, cinnamon and lemon juice. Sauté
mixture until apples are cooked halfway and golden brown.
- Pour pancake batter over apples.
- Bake pancake in a 550 degree F oven.
- Apple pancake takes about 12 to 15 minutes to cook. The pancake should soufflé
up around the rim of the sauté pan and should turn a nice golden brown.
- Serve with warm syrup and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Yield: 2 servings
Source: Chef Scott Campbell - Avenue Bistro, New York, NY
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes