A & W Coney Island Sauce
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 5 pounds ground beef
- 64 ounces Hunt's Tomato Paste
- 64 ounces Hunt's Tomato Puree
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon salt
- Brown ground beef and onions in a very large skillet; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 3 1/2 hours, stirring frequently
as it will tend to stick.
This freezes very well.
To get that authentic taste, use only Kogel franks and rehydrate dry minced onions
in boiling water.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes