A&W Onion Rings
- 1 cup McCormick Golden Dipt Tempura batter mix
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup beer (regular or nonalcoholic)
- 1 extra large white onion, sliced 3/8-inch thick
- 6 cups vegetable oil (for deep fryer)
- Heat the deep fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Combine tempura mix with the spices and liquid to make a batter, using a fork.
There will be some small lumps which is okay.
- Slice the onion, and separate all of the rings. Dip the individual rings into
the batter, then drop into the preheated oil.
- Deep fry for 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Salt lightly, and serve hot!