A&W Onion Rings
- 1 cup McCormick Golden Dipt Tempura batter mix
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup beer (regular or nonalcoholic)
- 1 extra large white onion, sliced 3/8-inch thick
- 6 cups vegetable oil (for deep fryer)
- Heat the deep fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Combine tempura mix with the spices and liquid to make a batter, using a fork.
There will be some small lumps which is okay.
- Slice the onion, and separate all of the rings. Dip the individual rings into
the batter, then drop into the preheated oil.
- Deep fry for 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Salt lightly, and serve hot!
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.