Baby Kay's Cajun Kitchen Bread Pudding
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3/4 of 16-ounce loaf stale French bread, cut into crouton-size cubes
- Mix together sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add eggs; whip together.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Stir in coconut flakes, raisins and chopped pecans.
- Melt butter over low heat. Add milk, heating just enough to scald. Add to
- Place in a 12 x 8-inch baking dish with the French bread cubes.
- Put into a cold oven; bake at 350 degrees F for one hour.
Yield: 8 servings
Source: Baby Kay's Cajun Kitchen, Scottsdale and Phoenix, Arizona