Baby Kay's Cajun Kitchen Seafood Gumbo
- 1 pound mixture of lump crab, crawfish tail and black tiger shrimp
- 1/2 bunch celery, chopped
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 2 large bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oil
- 2 1/2 large cans chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Pinch of thyme
- 1 cup bourbon
- Heat all ingredients except seafood meat and chicken broth in large pan
over low heat, creating a dark brown roux.
- Pour in broth and bring to a boil, stirring well so mixture doesn't
stick to pan.
- Add seafood, return to boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer until seafood
Source: Baby Kay's Cajun Kitchen - Phoenix, Arizona
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes