Bahama Breeze Restaurant Conch Chowder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Conch meat, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 1/2 cup onions, diced 1/2-inch
- 1/2 cup celery, diced 1/2-inch
- 3 tablespoons
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons thyme, fresh
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced 1/2-inch
- 2 cups clam juice
- 1 1/2
cups potatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place oil in a pot and heat until very hot. Add the conch meat and sear
for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, onions, celery, carrots and potatoes. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
By Chef Fred Shrock from Bahama Breeze Restaurant.