Bahama Breeze Restaurant Conch Chowder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Conch meat, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 1/2 cup onions, diced 1/2-inch
- 1/2 cup celery, diced 1/2-inch
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons thyme, fresh
- 1 teaspoon oregano, fresh
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced 1/2-inch
- 2 cups clam juice
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place oil in a pot and heat until very hot. Add the conch meat and sear
for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, onions, celery, carrots and potatoes. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
By Chef Fred Shrock from Bahama Breeze Restaurant.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes