Bahama Breeze Restaurant Pan-Seared Sea Scallops
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 jumbo sea scallops
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons green bell pepper, finely diced
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked according to package instructions, drained and kept warm
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 4 tablespoons scallion tops, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a sauté pan. Season scallops with salt and
pepper on both sides. Sear scallops for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, (2 to 3
minutes if they are not jumbo-size).
- Sauté 1 tablespoon garlic in olive oil for about 1 minute. Remove from heat,
then add butter; swirl butter into the garlic until it has melted. Add 3 tablespoons
scallions, thyme and bell peppers. Toss sauce with pasta. Keep warm until ready
- Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, lime juice, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons garlic,
cilantro, parsley, 1 tablespoons scallions and sugar; toss to combine.
- Combine pasta mixture with scallops. Garnish with lemon juice mixture.
Source: azfamily.com - Chef James Cropper, Bahama Breeze Restaurant, Phoenix,
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes