Bainbridge Island Vineyards Greek Garlic Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts (the magazine used 8 legs with the attached wings)
- 2/3 cup minced garlic (about 3 heads)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons coarse-ground pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Parsley sprigs
- Rinse chicken, pat dry, and pull off and discard lumps of fat. Put legs in a
rimmed 12 x 17 inch pan.
- In a bowl, mix minced garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, pepper, and salt.
Smear garlic mixture evenly over chicken, then arrange legs, cut side down, in a
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven until skin is well browned, about 1 1/2 hours (1
1/4 hours in a convection oven). After 45 minutes, baste chicken with pan juices
every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a warm platter. Skim and discard fat from drippings.
- Add 1/2 cup boiling water to pan, stir to loosen browned bits, and pour sauce
into a bowl.
- Scatter chopped parsley over chicken; garnish with parsley sprigs. Add sauce
Yield: 8 servings
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 5:55:39pm 7/23/03.
Source: Sunset Magazine