Bakery Cafe Pecan Bar Cookies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/8 cup heavy cream
- 2 3/4 cups pecan pieces, lightly toasted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 15 x 10-inch sheet pan; set aside.
- Crust: Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar in
a large mixing bowl until smooth. Add 2 tablespoons heavy cream
and egg yolks, mixing until smooth. Slowly add flour, mixing until
just incorporated. Do not over-mix.
- Press into the prepared sheet pan and bake for 8 to 10 minutes until barely golden. Let cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Filling: In a medium saucepan, melt together the butter, brown sugar, sugar
and honey. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- Stir in cream and remove from heat. Stir in pecans and pour into the pre-baked cookie shell.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes until bubbling on top. Cool and cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.
Yield: about 60 squares
Source: Bakery Cafe at El Pedregal, Boulders Resort, Carefree, Arizona
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes