- 24 ladyfingers, toasted in a 375 degrees F oven for 15 minutes
- 2 cups espresso coffee, cooled
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3 to 6 tablespoons granulated sugar, to taste
- 1 pound mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons Marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons Triple Sec
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons orange extract
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Arrange the ladyfingers on a plate and lightly soak them with the
cooled espresso. Put half of the soaked ladyfingers in one layer
in a rectangular serving dish.
- While the ladyfingers are soaking, beat the egg yolks with the sugar
until the yolks turn pale in color. Add the mascarpone, the liquors,
and the extract, and stir gently.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a wire whisk until
they are stiff. Gently fold the whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- Use half of this mixture to make a layer on top of the ladyfingers
in the serving dish. Sprinkle with half of the chopped chocolate.
Repeat the procedure with another layer of soaked ladyfingers, the
mascarpone mixture, and chocolate.
- Cover with tin foil and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Source: Balducci's - New York, New York
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes