Baxter's Interurban Grill Shrimp Risotto
- 3 large shrimp, cut 1/2-inch lengthwise
- 1 cup risotto
- 3 stalks asparagus, chopped
- 2 ounces oyster mushrooms
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 6 to 8 ounces seafood stock
- Fresh parsley, thyme, oregano to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds arborio rice
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 medium onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 cup white wine
- Heat oil and butter together in a heavy bottom pan.
- Chop onion and celery. Sauté until soft.
- Add white wine. Bring to a boil and add
rice. Mix well. When liquid is almost absorbed add hot chicken stock,
8 ounces at a time, until absorbed.
You may not need all 2 quarts of stock. Do NOT overcook rice!
Source: Kelly Crisp, Baxter's Interurban Grill, Tulsa, Oklahoma