Bay Cafe Pound Cake Fries with Raspberry Ketchup
Pound Cake Fries
- 1/4 loaf pound cake, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cardboard French fry container (ask politely and you shall receive)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen raspberries, thawed, or 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 empty ketchup squeeze bottle
- Pound Cake Fries: Cut pound cake slices in 1/4 inch strips. Arrange strips on
a toaster oven rack and toast until browned on top and bottom. Turn strips and toast
until remaining two sides are browned. Let cool, then arrange in container.
- Raspberry Ketchup: Place raspberries in a blender or food processor, and puree
(add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water or lemon juice, if necessary, to facilitate blending).
Add sugar, one teaspoon at a time, to taste, until tartness is gone. Place raspberry
puree in a fine mesh strainer over a bowl. Use a rubber spatula to force the puree
through the strainer. Discard the seeds and transfer the puree to the squeeze bottle.
Serve alongside "fries."
Source: Chef Joey Altman, Bay Cafe, San Francisco, California