B.B. King's Blues Club and Restaurant
B.B.'s Barbequed Ribs
- 2 pounds pork loin ribs
- Dry Spice Rub
- 4 cups canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Coleslaw and grilled corn on the cob as accompaniments
Dry Spice Rub
- 1 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- Rub ribs well with some of the Dry Spice Rub and refrigerate, covered,
for 4 to 6 hours.
- In a saucepan combine tomato sauce, tomato, sugar, Worcestershire
sauce, onion, soy sauce, water and 1/2 cup Dry Spice Rub and cook
over very low heat for 3 hours.
- Heat a grill or smoker over low heat until hot. Add ribs and cook,
covered, for 3 to 5 hours. Brush with sauce during last minutes
of cooking. Serve with remaining sauce, coleslaw, and corn.
- Dry Spice Rub: In a jar combine all ingredients well and store in a dry place,
covered, until ready to use.
Yield: 2 servings