B.B. King's Blues Club and Restaurant
Southern Style Catfish
- 2 cups white cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) catfish fillets, washed well
- Coleslaw, French fries and hushpuppies as accompaniments
- In a deep fryer heat peanut oil to 350 degrees F.
- In a shallow dish combine cornmeal, salt, and pepper. Dredge wet catfish in mixture,
coating well and shaking off excess.
- Deep fry catfish for 6 to 8 minutes, or until brown and crispy.
- Serve with coleslaw, French fries and hush puppies.
Yield: 2 servings
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 12:36:39pm 1/18/03