Beans & Barley Cocomo Joe Cookies
- 1 pound butter
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 6 cups shredded coconut
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup wheat germ
- Cream together butter and brown sugar in electric mixer.
- Add peanut butter and mix well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine wheat flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon
and ginger and add to wet.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and mix into dough.
It will be stiff. Scoop out heaping tablespoonsful (or larger) and
flatten on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes
until they look dry, puffed and start to turn brown at the edges.
After 1 minute, transfer to wire racks to cool.
Posted by artsycook at recipegoldmine.com
Source: Beans & Barley Restaurant – Milwaukee, Wisconsin