Beans and Barley Tofu Scrambler
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup shoyu
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, or to taste
- 2 pounds firm tofu, drained, dried and coarsely crumbled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2/3 cup diced tomato
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Combine tahini, shoyu, pepper, salt and garlic powder. Add to crumbled
tofu, being careful not to crumble tofu too fine.
- Heat 12-inch nonstick or well-greased, skillet over medium heat.
Add oil and saute mushrooms until cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and green onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tofu mixture and cook, scrambling occasionally, until some of
it begins to brown a little.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Yield: 6 servings
Serve with home-fried potatoes and toast. This dish is also
good with corn bread, muffins or bagels.
Source: Beans & Barley Market and Cafe, Milwaukee, Wisconsin