Behle Street BLT Pasta
This quick-to-make dish really does taste like the sandwich, only better. Be
sure to chop and mince the ingredients before you start.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 cups diced Roma tomatoes (about 3 tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh bacon pieces, cooked crisp and crumbled (about 1/2 pound bacon)
- 9 ounces pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Bibb lettuce, for garnish
- Warm olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat. When the oil is warm,
but not popping, add salt, pepper, garlic, basil and oregano; cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Add tomatoes, red onion and bacon pieces; cook 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add pasta and toss all together.
- Garnish with lettuce leaves.
Serves 2 to 4.
For the most attractive presentation on the plate, leave pasta separate
from remaining ingredients; pile pasta on plate and top with tomato mixture.
Source: Behle Street, Fort Mitchell, Kentucky