Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia
- 1/4 cup shaved semisweet chocolate bars
- 1/4 cup fresh Bing cherries, halved and pitted *
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
* You may use canned cherries, but be sure to drain the syrup.
- Place the shaved chocolate flakes and the cherries in separate bowls.
Cover and refrigerate.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until
completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream and milk
and whisk to blend.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following
the manufacturer's instructions.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done),
add the chocolate and the cherries, then continue freezing until
the ice cream is ready.