Ben & Jerry's Fresh Georgia Peach Ice Cream
- 2 cups fresh, ripe, very small peaches, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- Combine the peaches, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the lemon juice in
a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring the mixture every 30 minutes.
- Remove the peaches from the refrigerator and drain the juice into
another bowl. Return the peaches to the refrigerator.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in the remaining 3/4 cup sugar, a little at a time, then continue
whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend. Add the peach juice and blend.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following
- After the ice cream stiffens (about
2 minutes before it is done) add the peaches, then continue freezing
until the ice cream is ready.
Makes 1 generous quart.