Ben & Jerry's Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the butter and both sugars in a large mixing bowl until light
and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda in another bowl. Add the dry
ingredients to the batter and mix until well blended. Stir in the
chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop the dough by small scoops 2 to 3 inches apart on an ungreased
cookie sheet. Flatten each scoop with the back of a spoon to about
3 inches in diameter.
- Bake until the centers are still slightly soft to the touch, 11
to 14 minutes.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to racks
to cool completely.
Makes 12 to 15 cookies.