Ben & Jerry's Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream
- 4 Heath Bars
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Using a sharp knife, cut the candy bars into 1/2 to 1-inch chunks.
You should have about 1 cup. Place the chunks in a bowl; cover and freeze.
- Whisk the egg in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue to whisk until
completely blended, about 1 minute more. Pour in the cream, milk
and vanilla extract and whisk to blend. Transfer the mixture to
ice cream maker and freeze following manufacturer's instructions.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done)
add the candy, then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
Makes a generous 1 quart
Coffee Heath Bar Crunch:
Omit vanilla extract and substitute 3 tablespoons good quality freeze-dried
coffee. Add 2 tablespoons coffee with the cream and milk, and add
the remaining 1 tablespoon coffee along with the candy (after the
ice cream stiffens).