Bennigan's Baked Monte Cristo Sandwich
- 4 (1 ounce) slices Swiss cheese
- 4 (1 ounce) slices cooked turkey
- 8 slices firm white bread
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
Dijon Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Sandwiches: Place 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of turkey on each of 4 bread
- In pie plate beat eggs, milk and dry soup mix until well blended.
Dip each sandwich into egg mixture, spooning onion pieces onto bread.
Make sure all egg mixture is used. Place butter in 15 x 10-inch
jellyroll pan. Set in oven a couple of minutes to melt butter.
- Carefully place sandwiches in pan and drizzle any remaining egg
mixture over them. Bake 5 minutes. Carefully turn sandwiches and
continue baking until golden brown. Serve with Dijon Mustard Dipping Sauce.
- Dijon Mustard Dipping Sauce: Mix well and then
chill until ready to serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.