Bennigan's Shrimp and Pasta
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon stick butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Irish brown ale
- 1 package white sauce mix, whisked with 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cherry tomato, halved
- 1 1/2 pounds raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Chopped scallions
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and
onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until lightly
browned and soft.
- Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute until
fragrant. Add ale, white sauce mixture and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly until sauce thickens.
- Add shrimp. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 2 to 3 minutes until cooked
- Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl. Add shrimp and sauce.
Toss to mix and coat.
- When serving, sprinkle with the scallions and cheese.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine - May 4, 2001.
Source: Women's Day magazine