Bernie's Grill Marinated Vegetables
- Fresh vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, carrots, onions...whatever you like
- 1 gallon water with 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coarse ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- To make marinade, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Bring salted water to boil, add veggies, cover and cook, 2-4 minutes, drain off water, cover w/ice, and "shock" the veggies back to being cold.
- Drain veggies, add to marinade, toss in marinade and cover, and refrigerate for up to 7 days.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine - May 15, 2001.
Source: wbrc.com - The recipe is from Chef Jonathon of Bernie's
Grill in Chelsea.