Berry's Pastry Shop Lemon Biscotti
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/8 tablespoon salt
- 2/3 cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, whipped (plus 1 egg mixed with a teaspoon water for egg wash)
- 1/4 tablespoon lemon extract zest from 2 lemons
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Divide dough in half and roll into two logs about 12-inches long.
- Transfer logs to cookie sheets, brush with egg wash
and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let logs cool slightly, then carefully transfer to a cutting board
and cut crosswise into cookies about 1/2-inch thick.
- Transfer individual
cookies back to cookie sheet, standing them on edge.
- Bake again
for about 5 minutes or until just dry.