- 2 pounds pork meat (includes shredded pork ears and feet)
- 1/4 cup salt (or as desired)
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic
- 1 large (6 pound, 12 ounce) can white hominy
- 4 California peppers
- Garnishes: shredded lettuce, radish quarters, lime halves, chopped onions
- In a large pot, cover meat with water, add salt, bring to boil,
cook for 3 to 4 hours or until cooked thoroughly.
- Mix garlic, oregano and two cups of water in blender, add to cooked meat.
- Soak peppers in hot water for 30 minutes, then puree in a blender with
a small amount of water, drain and add to the meat.
- Add hominy to meat. Reheat to desired serving temperature.
- Serve in individual bowls with garnishes, bread and tortillas, as
Yield: 4 large servings
Source: Chef Maria De La Torre, Beto's Mexican Food, Reno, Nevada - Reno Gazette Journal