Biga on the Banks Pecan Sour Cream Muffins
- 3 1/4 cups pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups pecan pieces
- 7 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 eggs
- 4 2/3 cups sour cream
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pans.
- For Pecan Topping: Combine pecans, brown sugar, sugar, oil and cinnamon
and set aside.
- For Muffin Mix: In a large bowl combine pecans, flour, baking powder
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, sugar and
- Add egg mixture to dry mixture and mix gently.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin cups, filling them about 2/3 full.
Sprinkle each with pecan topping, pressing it lightly into the batter.
- Bake until golden brown and inserted wooden pick comes out dry,
about 20-25 minutes.
- Cool in pans on racks for 30 minutes, then remove carefully.
- Muffins can be kept in an airtight container for 1 day, or frozen.
Makes 6 dozen muffins
Editor's note: Recipe may be halved.
Source: San Antonio Express-News Web Posted 03/06/2002 12:00 AM
- Biga on the Banks, San Antonio, Texas