Bill Baker's German Bakery German Nut Bars
- 2 pounds margarine or butter
- 2 pounds granulated sugar
- 2 pounds flour
- 1 pound walnuts or desired nuts
Bill Baker's Lemon Icing
- 3 pounds water
- 2 pounds powdered sugar
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Bars: Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Incorporate flour
and walnuts until a dough forms. On a work surface, form strings
that are about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and the length of your cookie
sheet. Lay strings on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Slightly
- Bake at 375 degrees F until slightly brown (they will
- Ice with lemon-flavored vanilla icing while the cookie
is still warm.
- Immediately cut the cookies a couple inches wide.
You' ll get 6-7 cookies out of one string.
- Bill Baker's Lemon Icing: Whip together water and powdered sugar. Add fresh lemon juice to
taste. Vanilla flavoring or food coloring may be added for holidays
or special occasions.
Bill Baker's German Bakery is located at 457 East Ojai Avenue
Posted by Gayle at Recipe Goldmine 11/15/2001 10:01 am.