Bloom Restaurant Roasted Garlic Gravy
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon diced carrot
- 1 tablespoon diced celery
- 1/4 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 quart chicken or turkey stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take 4 tablespoons of butter and sweat (cook without any color until
translucent) yellow onion, carrot and celery.
- Add garlic and honey, the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and
flour and cook until the flour is golden brown.
- Add stock and bring
to a boil and then turn heat to simmer for one hour whisking every
15 minutes. Consistency could get thicker than desired, so add warm water or
stock to keep desired consistency.
- Take hand mixer and pulse gravy
while simmering to blend veggies well into the gravy.
- Add salt and
pepper to taste and serve.
Source: The Daily Camera - November 14, 2001 - Bloom Restaurant,