Blue Bayou Bananas Foster Shortcake
- 2 ounces (about 1/3 cup) brie cheese, diced
- 2 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 tablespoons banana liqueur
- Whipped cream
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Biscuits: Add together the diced cheese, Bisquick and
sugar, mix well. Add the water and mix thoroughly to make a wet
batter. Drop the batter in 4 mounds onto a greased cookie sheet
and bake on the top rack for 20 minutes or until cooked through
(when wooden pick inserted in middle comes out clean).
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Sauce: Melt the butter in a saucepan and sauté the bananas
for about 3 minutes. Add the sugars and stir until melted. Add the
cream and, stirring constantly, cook over high heat until it reaches
a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Add the
rum and banana liqueur.
- To serve, cut the cooled biscuits from the top two thirds of the
way down, open it up and pour the sauce into the center of the biscuit.
- Garnish: Serve with whipped cream and mint sprig.
Source: Disney Magazine, Summer 2000 - Blue Bayou, Disneyland