Blue Bayou Chicken Florentine
- 4 (7 ounce) chicken breasts (with skin)
- 1 cup Florentine sauce (see below)
- 3 ounces chopped fresh or frozen spinach *
- 3 ounces grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces cooked and chopped bacon
- Seasoned salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 3 teaspoons unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 3 sliced medium mushrooms
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon diced pimentos
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
* If fresh spinach is used, it must be blanched.
- Chicken: Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In mixing, combine spinach, bacon and cheese; set aside.
- Open chicken breast and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Stuff with spinach mixture.
Fold and place seam side down in baking dish. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle outside with seasoned salt.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Top with Florentine sauce and serve over rice.
- Florentine Sauce: Blend together flour and 2 teaspoons of the butter; set aside.
- Sauté onions and mushrooms in 1 teaspoon butter (do not allow onions
- Add white wine and reduce completely.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer and slowly add the flour/butter mixture a little
at a time until desired thickness is achieved. Continue cooking at a simmer for 8 - 10 minutes.
Yield:4 servings; 2 cups sauce
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine - May 21, 2001.