Blue Hippo White Chocolate Godiva Teardrop
This recipe is almost too easy. You can get acetate paper at Office Max. The
strips don't have to be exact.
- 1/2 pound bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 pieces acetate paper or transparency
paper, cut 2 inches x 11 inches
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
cup blackberries, halved
- 1/4 cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Chambord
- 1/4 cup white chocolate Godiva liqueur
- 4 mint sprigs
cup raspberry sauce
- Place the chocolate pieces in a very clean and dry stainless steel bowl. Place
bowl over a saucepan filled half way with simmering water. When chocolate melts,
stir once with a rubber spatula. Carefully run one side of the acetate paper strips
through the chocolate while holding both sides. (This side should be covered by
chocolate.) Wrap acetate so the ends meet with the chocolate on the inside. Take
a paper clip and attach, with the smallest amount of surface area, the ends of the
acetate. Take about a tablespoon of the chocolate and fill the bottom of the teardrop,
spreading with a skewer, making sure there are no holes. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Pull the teardrops out of the freezer, take off the paper clip, and unwrap the
chocolate teardrop. (It comes off easily.)
- Place the whipped cream in a pastry bag or Ziploc bag with the corner cut off,
and pipe some into the teardrop (3/4 the way up).
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the Godiva Liqueur into the teardrop and place some berries
- Garnish the plate with fresh fruit, raspberry sauce and fresh mint.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 7/19/02 6:03:21 am
Source: Chad Martin - The Blue Hippo, Norfolk, Virginia