Blue Mesa Grill Grilled Navajo
Chicken on Fettuccine
This pasta has always been a best seller at the restaurant.
We make it with grilled chicken, a mild chile cream sauce, fresh
roasted corn, and cotija cheese.
- 1 slice bacon, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh roasted, cut off the cob (save a bit for garnish)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup light cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, seasoned, grilled and cut into pieces
- 1 pound fettuccine
- Grated cotija or Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Drop in the fettuccine
and cook until al dent. Drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, sauté the bacon in a large skillet until lightly browned.
Add the onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent. Do
not let the garlic brown. Stir in the chile powder, tomato puree,
oregano, cumin, salt and pepper, and 1/2 of a bouillon cube. Reduce
the heat and simmer the sauce for about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally
until the ingredients thicken slightly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place 1 cup of the roasted corn and the water in a blender and puree.
Add the pureed corn, 1/2 cup whole roasted corn kernels, and the
cream to the skillet with the tomato sauce and mix well. Adjust
salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the sauce to a low heat and add the pasta. Toss the pasta
in sauce until it is well coated. Mound the pasta on individual
plates and arrange the chicken pieces on top. Garnish with grated
cotija or parmesan cheese and a few roasted corn kernels.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 8/14/02 4:07:13 pm.
Source: Blue Mesa Grill Dallas, Texas