Blue Willow Inn Cornbread Salad
This is served at the Blue Willow Inn in Social Circle, Georgia.
- 1 (6 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle juice
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large bell
- 1 large Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise, divided
- Bake cornbread according to package directions. Cool. Crumble into small pieces.
- Cook bacon. Drain and crumble.
- In a large round glass bowl, layer half of crumbled corn bread; top corn bread
with half of relish, tomatoes, pepper, onion, bacon, and 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Repeat.
Reserve a small amount of tomatoes and bacon to garnish the top.
- Serve chilled.