Bob Evans Dinner Rolls
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 2 cups milk, scalded, cooled to lukewarm, divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Scant 1/4 cup vegetable shortening or margarine
- About 5 cups all-purpose flour
- Melted butter
- Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup milk. Stir in remaining milk, the sugar,
salt, eggs, shortening and 5 cups flour. Beat until smooth, adding
more flour as needed to make the dough easy to handle.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured board and knead until smooth and
elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl and turn greased side up.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled.
- Shape into rolls. Dip into melted butter. Place in greased muffin
cups or 3 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Let rise again,
then bake at 325 degrees F for 20-30 minutes.
- Brush again with melted butter.