Bobby J's Spinach-Blue Cheese Soup
Yield: 12 cups
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 1/2 cups blue cheese crumbles
- 8 cups chicken broth
- In a large kettle, sauté chopped onion in butter until tender.
- Add brandy and cook until alcohol evaporates.
- Add thyme and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Add spinach, blue cheese and chicken broth. Heat until cheese melts.
Source: Bobby J's, Louisville, Kentucky