Bodean Seafood Restaurant Lobster
Ravioli with Tomato Vodka Sauce
- 4 ounces lobster or shrimp, cleaned and cooked
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 4 large button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ounces yellow onion, diced
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces water
- 1 ounce all-purpose flour
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Pinch of dried tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chives or green onions
- Hard grating cheese, like Parmesan
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, sauté onions and mushrooms using 1 ounce olive oil and 2 ounces butter. Sauté until mushrooms turn golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, cool, and chop fine. Chop lobster or shrimp into a small dice and reserve some nice pieces for garnish.
- Thoroughly combine flour and 1 ounce water.
- Lay out one wonton sheet and lightly brush all edges with flour and water mixture. Place a small amount of the mushroom mixture just off center of the wonton sheet. Top with a small amount of chopped meat. Gently fold the edges together, forming a diamond shape, making sure the entire length of edge is closed. Repeat process. You should yield about 10 wontons.
- Sauce: In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add just under 1 ounce of olive oil and sauté diced tomato until liquid starts to release. Add the garlic and sauté for another two minutes. Add the vodka, cook another minute. Add heavy cream and tarragon. Reduce until sauce thickens and season with salt and pepper.
- Place wontons in slowly boiling, salted water for one minute. Place in serving bowls and top with about 2 ounces sauce. Garnish with meat and chopped chives. Grate cheese over top and serve.
Source: Robert Cado, Bodean Seafood Restaurant, Tulsa, Oklahoma