Bomboa Restaurant Ahi, Baby Shrimp
and Hamachi Ceviche
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 ounces baby shrimp, peeled, deveined, diced
- 4 ounces Ahi tuna, diced
- 4 ounces Hamachi, diced
- 3 springs mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 6 sprigs cilantro leaves, finely chopped, divided use
- 1 or 2 Scotch bonnet chiles, seeded
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- 6 limes, juiced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided use
- 3 teaspoons sea salt, divided use
- 1 whole coconut, cracked into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 14 cup fresh coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- Papaya salad, your recipe
- Mint, for garnish
- Mix seafood with chopped mint, half the cilantro, chile, 3 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, juice of 2 lemons, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon salt; allow to marinate 1 hour. Drain; refrigerate.
- Place coconut pieces in heated 350 degree F oven 10 minutes or until tender.
- Whisk together remaining sugar, salt, oil, cilantro, lemon juice, coconut milk and rum; toss with seafood.
- Place papaya salad on shell and top with ceviche; garnish with mint.
Source: Bomboa Restaurant, Boston, Chef E. Michael Reidt