Boulder Chop House and Tavern
White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
- 10 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, rinsed and cut into chunks
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 pound sharp, white Cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- Bring a pot of salted, cold water to a boil. Add the potatoes and
simmer until fork-tender, approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
in a colander completely, approximately 5 minutes.
- Place drained potatoes in mixing bowl with paddle attachment and
mix until smooth. Remove paddle attachment and replace with whip
- Whip in soft butter and sour cream on low speed just
long enough to incorporate ingredients, then move up to medium-low
for about 15 seconds.
- Add seasonings and grated cheese and whip
on medium-low for 10 seconds.
- Add cream, whip on low until incorporated.
- Turn up the speed and whip until everything is incorporated, for
about 20 seconds.
Source: Boulder Chop House and Tavern, Boulder, Colorado