Boulder Cork Mushroom Flatbreads
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dry milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons softened butter
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 6 leaves sage, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound wild mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Combine first four ingredients in food processor and mix on low.
Add the softened butter and cold water and mix for two to three
- In a hot pan, sauté the onions, mushrooms and sage in 1 tablespoon
butter for six minutes. Let mixture cool.
- Add the mushroom mixture to the flour mixture and process until
combined. Remove dough from the processor to a well-floured surface.
Divide the dough into eight pieces. Roll each piece into an 8-inch
round that is about 1/8-inch thick.
- Heat a skillet until very hot. Add 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Sauté
each round individually, adding more olive oil as needed, until
each side is golden brown, about 30 to 40 seconds.
- Slightly cool flatbreads. Cut into quarters and served with salsa.
Source: Jim Smailer, Boulder Cork, Boulder, Colorado