Breadworks Oatmeal Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 11 ounces hot water
- 4 ounces quick oats
- 4 ounces butter
- 7 ounces brown sugar
- 8 ounces sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces eggs, approximately 1 large
- 10 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces butter
- 11 ounces brown sugar
- 6 ounces cream
- 6 ounces finely ground walnuts
- 7 ounces unsweetened coconut
- Line a high-sided 8-inch spring-form pan with parchment paper.
- Cake: Soak oats in hot water and set aside. Cream butter and sugars. Slowly
add vanilla extract and eggs. Add oat mixture and mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined. Scoop batter into cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 45-50 minutes, or until
a wooden pick inserted comes out clean. Cool cakes completely before topping.
- Topping: Cream butter and sugar. Slowly add cream. Add walnuts
and coconut. Mix until combined. Cover the cake to the rim of the pan.
- Bake until golden brown and set, approximately 25-30 minutes.
Source: Colleen Doran, Chef - Breadworks, Boulder, Colorado
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes