Bubba Gump's Coconut Fried Shrimp
- 1/2 pound unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- 3/4 cup pancake mix
- 3/4 cup beer
- Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact; devein, if desired. Combine pancake
mix and beer in a small bowl; stir until smooth.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 350 degrees F.
- Dredge shrimp in flour; shake off excess. Dip shrimp into batter;
dredge in coconut. Fry, a few at a time, 45 seconds on each side
or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
Yield: 4 appetizer servings