Bublitz's Family Restaurant Cherry Dream Bars
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package Pillsbury Plus white cake mix
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened (divided)
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats (divided)
- 1 egg
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Grease 13 x 9-inch pan. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, 6 tablespoons margarine and 1 cup oats; mix
until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup mixture.
- To remaining crumb mixture, add egg and mix well. Press into greased pan. Pour
pie filling over crust and spread evenly.
- To reserved crumbs, add remaining margarine, remaining oats, nuts and brown sugar.
Mix well. Sprinkle over pie filling and bake in preheated oven 30 to 40 minutes
or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely. Cut and serve with
whipped cream if desired.
Yield: 12 servings
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 10/22/2001 11:11 am.